Results 1-12 of 185
Results 1-12 of 185
Do you want to buy a new pair of bicycle glasses? No problem, we definitely have what you need. We carry the best brands of bicycle glasses in the industry, such as Oakley, Poc, Smith, 100%, Ryders, Julbo, and many more.
Why wear bicycle glasses?
Apart from looking stylish on the saddle, bicycle sunglasses offer several other advantages. They protect your eyes from UV rays, dust, branches, wind, debris, and even insects on the road. At speeds of 30 km/h and higher, any small object can be dangerous to our eyes. Bicycle glasses also avoid any discomfort, such as eye dryness.
How to choose the right pair of bicycle glasses?
It's easy to get lost in the many choices of bicycle sunglasses models. Here are some things to consider when buying a new pair of cycling sunglasses.
Road bike glasses
- Curved frame: Curved frames offer excellent protection against road debris, they are generally much more stable on the face and remain in place even on bumpy roads.
- Frameless: Frameless glasses are much lighter and more comfortable when worn with a bicycle helmet. They are ideal for high-level cyclists looking for aerodynamics.
Mountain bike glasses
- Full frame: The full frame is much wider than other frames. It allows for much wider lenses for optimal eye protection against debris on the trails. They are usually more robust, therefore more impact and fall-resistant.
- Downhill frame: Do you love thrills? Make sure you have the perfect glasses for maximum protection. The Downhill frame is perfect for fully protecting the eyes from debris, dust, and wind.
Lenses and glasses
The solar filtering index is classified on a scale of 0 to 4 depending on the percentage of light filtered.
- Category 0: 80% to 100% light transmission for cycling in the evening or early morning.
- Category 1: 43% to 80% light transmission for cycling on cloudy days.
- Category 2: 18% to 43% light transmission for cycling when conditions are changing.
- Category 3: 8% to 18% light transmission for cycling in very sunny and cloudless conditions.
- Category 4: 3% to 18% light transmission for extreme brightness conditions.
In low light conditions, choose a lens with a pink or orange base color. On sunny days, choose a gray or black lens for a more natural vision.
Smith Chromapop Technology: It allows your eyes to define colors well in high brightness conditions. Chromapop technology filters color crossings to avoid distortions and enable greater definition, clarity, and contrast.
Oakley Prizm technology: It ensures an enriched visual experience for different types of athletes. Whether for mountain biking or road cycling, Prizm lenses adjust the cyclist's vision by optimizing contrast. They also allow details to be seen more quickly and with greater precision.
Not all sunglasses offer complete protection against UV rays. Overexposure to ultraviolet rays can cause serious eye damage, such as eye degeneration, retinal lesions, and more. When purchasing cycling sunglasses, be sure to choose lenses that offer complete protection against UVA and UVB rays. Then, opt for polarized lenses, as they reduce glare caused by the reflection of light.
If you have any questions about cycling sunglasses, don't worry, our experts are here to help! Visit one of our many Primeau Vélo stores in the Montreal and Quebec regions. You can also contact us through our website. Primeau Vélo, your ultimate cycling destination since 1928.