Vortex Smart T2180 training base
Financing available with
The Vortex is an interactive Smart trainer with an electro brake. This resistance unit is perfectly adapted to intermediate level riders and can reach a maximum resistance of 950 Watt. Instead of using a handlebar computer, you train by connecting the Vortex quickly and easily to the Tacx apps or any third party software. Of the many possible training options, you can choose the software that best matches your way of training. You can use Zwift very easily and the resistance unit will automatically adjust itself to the terrain you'll be tackling. This makes for total immersion when training.
The Vortex communicates wirelessly via ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart for convenient training sessions using your smartphone or tablet. Performance data can be viewed on several devices simultaneously, including your smartphone, bike computer and sports watch. The Vortex can be used with a normal computer, but you will need the ANT+ antenna sold separately.
When the Vortex Smart isn’t connected to a smartphone, tablet or computer, it behaves as a fluid trainer. This means the trainer behaves progressively: when your speed increases, the resistance increases as well. So it is possible to use this trainer in a “stand-alone” status. This trainer needs electrical power at all times to work properly.
- Works with Tacx apps & Third party apps. PC software via upgrade.
- Automatic resistance adjustments
- Electromagnetic resistance unit
- Realistic slope up to 7%
- Max brake power 950 Watt (10 sec.)
- Sprint power 750 Watt (1 min.)
- Mass inertia 11,81 kg
- Suitable for all bikes, if necessary with axle skewers or nuts
- Compatible bikes: 26"- 29" and 700c; 29" with trainer tyre
In the box:
- Skyliner Front wheel support
- Quick release for road bikes and mountain bikes (5mm)
- Bikes: Race, Tri & MTB, if necessary with axle skewer
- Axles: Width of rear fork: Race 130 mm, MTB 135 mm. Adapters for other widths available
|Resistor Type||Electric brake with magnets|
|Trainer Type||Smart trainer|
|Weight||9.08 kg (20 lbs)|
|Communication Technology||ANT+ and Bluetooth|
|Electronic Support Required||Recommended. When the Vortex Smart isn’t connected to a smartphone, tablet or computer, it behaves as a fluid trainer. This means the trainer behaves progressively: when your speed increases, the resistance increases as well.|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year|
|Maximum Resistance||950 Watt|
|Front Wheel Support||Included|